North Face ❄️
Asos Pink Velour Beanies 🎀
Prana Wrap Scarves 🧘♀️
Cover Girl Baby Lips 💋
These are a few of my favorite things…
- Bumble and Bumble Seaweed Conditioner Was super surprised to find this at the drug store and for all of its benefits, the price – although high – is right. First of all it lasts forever because you dont need much – and since my hair is naturally coarse and devours conditioner by the bottle – that’s important. Also it feels like it soothes your scalp when you leave it on for a little bit and makes my hair feel lighter, not heavier, than it was B.B.B. (Before Bumble and Bumble)… so now I can skimp on my shampoo so I can splurge on this instead.Sephora.com
- Urban Decay Naked Eyeshadow Palette This is literally my version of all of the colors of the rainbow – because when it comes to eye shadow, I tend to remain modest A) because I go heavy on the liner and mascara and B) I cant ever imagine leaving the house with blue eye shadow on. Hard habit to break. Blame it on the fact that I’m a product of the 80s – my formative years. Stays on forever and travels well. Sephora.com
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel If this stuff was cheap I would bathe in it. I have alot of redness due to urticaria and allergies and this soothes my skin and it’s light like a gel but moisturizes like a cream. A little bit pricier than most drugstore moisturizers but you really shouldn’t have sticker shock when it comes to your skin. Get your priorities straight, girl! Neutrogena.com
- Maybelline ‘Master Camo’ Kit Initially I bought this kit (which is the perfect size to carry along for touch ups during the day) to hide my redness – my skin, along with the rest of me, is hypersensitive and very reactive. This helps me keep my glow, hide my dark circles, and I use the two highlight shades as an eyeshadow primer because they are shimmery and seem to really set my shadow. For a makeup junkie like me, anything that takes up less square footage in my makeup bag is a win/win situation. Maybelline.com
- NYX ‘Butter Gloss’ By far my favorite drugstore brand of makeup – (I would recommend you check out their ombre blush too!) I apply lip gloss like, 25 times a day, so the ideal gloss would not dry out my lips or stain them in all the wrong places and would have a really dope ‘youthful’ color selection. So without further ado, allow me to introduce my ideal gloss. You can thank me later.Ulta.com
- Tressemmé Fresh Start Dry Shampoo Ulta.com I was introduced to dry shampoo back in mid-December when I underwent a Cystoscopy with Hydrodistention procedure. Immediately afterwards I had the most severe IC flare I had ever experienced and I officially graduated from the type of IC with frequency and little pain to the type with decreased frequency and significant pain. I was unable to stand long enough to even shower and baths were prohibited. Thanks, Doc. Anyhow I have since then tried pretty much every dry shampoo on the market and this is the only one that leaves my hair with that fresh – not filmy – feeling. Plus it’s super affordable and you can find the travel size bottle at most pharmacies – perfect for primping on the go.
- Rite Aid Brand Lavender Scented Epsom Salts RiteAid.com I really have no idea how these actually like, work – per se. But when I saw these I grabbed them because I know lavender is naturally soothing and it kind of somehow makes it seem a little less of a geriatric (or mature I guess is the more appropriate descriptor) product to me. I already had to price ‘sitz’ baths the other day at Walgreens. Allow me some dignity, please.
- ‘Rosy Lips’ Vaseline Lip Therapy Vaseline.com Super cheap, perfect sized, and the rosy scent reminds me of that Rosebud Salve they have in the impulse item section at Sephora for like twice the price.
- Johnson and Johnson Bedtime Bath JohnsonandJohnson.com So secretly I’ve continued to buy Johnson and Johnson Baby everything way past the point of maturity but it’s the best smelling line out there and it’s cheaper because it’s in the ‘Baby’ section of the drug store. And although it may seem a criminal offense at the checkout line, no one knows if you have kids or not so they usually let it slide It’s kind of like the friend you knew in high school that like, still insisted on going to her pediatrician for checkups. Somehow just feels wrong.
- Radial Dragon’s Blood Hyaluronic Tonic Nordstrom.com I honestly got this as part of an ipsy bag and I had it on on my bedside table as used it as a toner at night after washing my face and would spritz it on my face before I climbed into bed. Not only did it help brighten my skin, you literally spritz it on and let it dry which is amazing .because it saves on time and energy. Anyways by the time I get to that point in my nighttime routine, chances are I hurt all over and I’m irritable and frustrated and that time and energy I’ve saved is better spent in a dark room and a horizontal position.
- Sea Bands SeaBand.com I’m not sure that my nausea isn’t psychosomatic sometimes. When I get the dizziness or the ringing in my right ear I usually assume I’ll be vomiting too at some point because I start to think too hard about it. Anyhow either these things really work or I think they’ll work so I don’t think too hard and don’t throw up. The plus is: they’re not awful looking. The minus: you have to wear one on each wrist you look like you’ve been about clubbing. Take that over barfing any day.
- Baby Skin Instant Pore Erasing Primer Ulta.com I love the packaging honesty and I’m a big fan of Baby Lips. Does feel like it smooths out the surface of my skin under makeup and it stays on much longer. And it’s $5.99!!!
- Lumene Purity Dew Drops Hydrating Eye Gel Ulta.com I put this on in the morning and pat dry right before I apply my Boo-Boo Cover Up. Love the fact that it’s a gel because it goes on smoothly and it’s almost cooling. Great for bags.
- Davines More Inside Invisible Serum Davines.com Perfect size for travel. I use it throughout the day to tame my fly-always. Smells yummy and doesn’t leave build up behind.
- Boo-Boo Cover Up Concealer Amazon.com I sang its praises in one of my previous posts. A little goes a long way so it justifies the price.
- Essie Grow Faster Base Coat Ulta.com Always been the best nail product line and again, the longevity and quality is worth the splurge. It’s a base coat but I wear it alone to keep it simple and it gives your nails a freshly buffed subtle shine.
- Philosophy Giving Grace Spray Fragrance Philosophy.com – I’m obsessed with everything Philosophy and always have one on hand to treat myself. To be honest, I never was a big perfume enthusiast until I started to get sick and realized that it’s not just something you use to attract others – it also can be something you use to feel more beautiful. Which is always a plus when you feel like shit. Better than smelling like it, I suppose.